Continuing Romans, Pastor Paul discusses predestination with Romans 9:19-29. Does not the Potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
Robots or Responsible?
1) God has the right to do as He wills
2) God delays His punishment to some in order to show His mercy to others
– Vessels of wrath (prepared for destruction)
– Vessels of mercy (prepared for God’s favor)
3) God determined to show mercy to both Jews and Gentiles
Three “P” Word So Whats…
1) The doctrine is true because it is Biblical
2) This doctrine humbles us because it exalts God as the author of our salvation
3) This doctrine promotes human responsibility because each person must still personally respond to Jesus Christ
1) God is faithful
2) God is good
3) Man is responsible